WHEN TO GET MAINTENANCE DONE ON YOUR BMW
It doesn’t matter whether you have a brand new car or one that has some years on it, BMW vehicles were meant to last. However, regular maintenance is the key. BMW maintenance is recommended at certain intervals based on mileage. Here’s what you should be doing for your auto.
Every 10,000 Miles – BMW Oil and Safety Service
- Regular oil change and filter change
- Safety check of brakes, horn, windshield wipers, lights, belts and hoses
- Tire pressure
- Engine fluids
At 30,000, 90,000 and 150,000 Miles – BMW Inspection I or Minor Service
- Includes the BMW oil and safety service
- Check brake lines, power steering system, transmission, exhaust system, clutch, parking brake cables and engine temperature
- Grease wheel center hubs
- Examine tires for even wear
- Check the body and interior
At 60,000 and 120,000 Miles - BMW Inspection II or Major Service
- All components of the Minor Service
- Inspect car body for rust
- Check flexible boots
- Replace spark plugs and air filters
- Inspect parking brake lining
Basically, you should plan on regular maintenance every 10,000 miles or at least annually. Your driving style also plays a part in how often you need service. If you use your vehicle for business or heavy driving, you may want to get service more often. Wheel alignment should be performed when needed. Tire rotation will be based on the age of your tires. We also provide BMW repairs when necessary. We know that your vehicle is an investment. Our technicians want to help you keep it on the road.
SERVING MOUNTAIN VIEW, LOS ALTOS & CUPERTINO
Bring your foreign car to our shop and let us help you keep it running well. Call us at 650-691-9477 to make an appointment to get the most out of your time. We also offer Audi repair and European car maintenance.